“By understanding the qualities of our natural constitution, we are better able to do what is needed to keep ourselves in balance.”
— Alak Vasa, Elements Truffles
Infusing a little Ayurvedic philosophy into this month’s recipe, we give special thanks of course to Alak Vasa at Elements Truffles (click here to see our In Focus feature on Elements in the May issue) for sending over this refreshing, cool creation, just in time for summer.
If you love healthy, amazing turmeric, remember you can also enjoy it in Elements’ best-selling chocolate bar, Sea Salt with Turmeric Infusion. And as a special gift to all our readers, Elements created a coupon for 10% off, just for Chocolate Connoisseur. Just use the code ILOVECHOCOLATE at checkout.
If you need some high quality turmeric for the recipe, click the image to the right for our favorite. http://amzn.to/2slnzKe
Enjoy this icy cool start to your hot summer, and let us know what you think of dark chocolate ice cream with turmeric in the comments below!
Dark Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream with Turmeric
7 oz full fat coconut milk
2 Elements Truffles Sea Salt Turmeric chocolate bars (2 oz/56g each)
2 Sea Salt Chocolate Bars of your choice (2 oz/56g each) + 1/3 tsp turmeric
FLAVOR ADD-INS (optional)
Drop of Peppermint oil
Drop of Orange oil
Drop of Black Pepper oil
1. Melt the chocolate bars in a double boiler
2. Add the full-fat coconut milk to the melted chocolate
3. Add any optional flavor add-ins
4. Blend the melted chocolate and the coconut milk in a blender, until smooth
5. Pour it in a freezer-safe container and leave open
6. Let it set in the freezer for an hour
7. If you would like any topping add-ins, add them after the ice cream has been kept in the freezer for about 15 mins.
8. Enjoy your guilt-free dessert!
#No Dairy, #No Gluten, #No Refined Sugar and best of all… #No Churn!